International, Wall Street Journal, and USA Today bestselling author, Louise Bay writes contemporary romance novels that make you laugh – the kind she likes to read.
Ruined by the bonk-busters of the eighties, Louise was inspired by Judith Krantz and Jackie Collins, but wants to be Emily Henry when she grows up.
Louise loves the rain, RHOBH, London, days when she doesn’t have to wear make-up, hanging out with her kid, elephants and champagne (not necessarily in that order).
She loves to hear from readers so get in touch!
Ten of My Favourite Things
- Book Boyfriend
Captain Wentworth from Persuasion or Will Sumner from Beautiful Player.
Persuasion and anything that Christina Lauren writes. I also love Carrie Fisher, Marian Keyes, Tarryn Fisher, Jessica Hawkins – the list goes on and on.
Eggs (like Haven from Parisian Nights).
London. I’m in a lifelong love affair with my city.
Daffodils. They don’t f*ck around. They’re just bright and brash and cheerful and it’s all up front.
Age of Innocence, Bull Durham or The Secretary – all great love stories.
Killing Me Softly – Roberta Flack. I’ve never listened to the Fugees version all the way through. I have to turn it off or walk out of where it’s playing. There is no way to improve on Ms. Flack. Also, anything by Prince. My favourite of his changes all the time.
- TV Show
Well if we discount The West Wing because it’s not on anymore I’m currently really enjoying The Good Wife and Nashville. I also think that Leah Remini: It’s all Relative might be the best show, ever.
- Time of Year
Spring. The air smells different and everyone is so hopeful.
Nine Things You Didn’t Know About Me
- I find it really hard to order off menus (like Anna in The Empire State Series).
- I don’t drink tea or coffee.
- My eyebrows are a constant concern for me.
- I keep a gratitude journal and I write things that inspire me in there. I love Roosevelt’s (Teddy) Man in the Arena speech.
- In my head, I’m best friends with Sandra Bullock and married to Harry Connick Jr.
- I used to tap dance in the rain when I was a kid. Probably explains a lot.
- I like to sit as close to the front as possible when I go and watch a movie
- I wash my hair every day.
- I swear a lot more than I f*cking should.